INFORMATION NOTE REGARDING THE PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
This website is operated by SC Caralert SRL (hereinafter referred to as “We”), based in Timișoara, Str. Gh. Lazăr Nr. 3, et. 1, registered with ONRC Timiș under no. J35/5053/2022, having CUI 47080278, commercial company with limited liability of Romanian nationality.
We collect and process different categories of personal data from you as a user of www.MyCarAlert.com, hereinafter referred to as “internet page” and according to EU Regulation 2016/679 on the protection of personal data, we have the quality of personal data operator.
The protection of your personal data is very important to us!
This Information Notice describes the ways in which we collect and use your personal data. Thus, you will find out what data is collected, how and for what purpose, and you will be informed about the rights you enjoy in relation to personal data.
This notice is version V_01 and is valid until it is modified and another version is published.
Principles of personal data processing
We respect the principles of personal data processing established by EU Regulation 2016/679, namely:
1. Legality, fairness and transparency – we process personal data in a legal, fair and transparent manner in relation to you;
2. Collection for specific purposes – personal data are collected only for the specific, legitimate and explicitly communicated purposes and are not subsequently processed in a way incompatible with these purposes; further processing for archiving purposes in the public interest, for scientific or historical research purposes or for statistical purposes is not considered incompatible with the original purposes;
3. Data minimization – the personal data collected are adequate, relevant and limited to what is strictly necessary to fulfill the purpose for which they are processed;
4. Updating of data – we ensure that personal data is correct and up-to-date, we take all necessary measures to ensure that personal data that is inaccurate, given the purposes for which it is processed, is deleted or rectified without delay;
5. Limitation of data storage – we comply with the terms imposed by law for the retention of data, or we only keep them until the purpose of collection is fulfilled, having established terms in this regard through internal procedures, and then we delete them;
6. Integrity and confidentiality – we take appropriate technical and organizational measures for the security of personal data, including protection against unauthorized or unlawful processing, loss, destruction or accidental damage.
How we collect your personal data and what kind of data we collect
Personal data is collected:
- directly from you, via:
- filling out the contact form on our website;
- completing the order form on our website;
- filling in the data in the online chat module on our website;
- the e-mails you send us to one of the addresses indicated on the website pages.
- through cookies when you browse our website.
- More details about cookies can be found here.
All personal data are processed by us for precise and well-defined purposes, described in the forms through which you give your consent, in advance, for the conclusion or proper performance of a contract, to fulfill a legal obligation, or in the purpose of defending a legitimate right in court.
In the online process of providing personal data to us, although we make sustained efforts to protect the information you provide us, the exchange of information through an Internet connection is not 100% secure, so we cannot guarantee its security personal data transmitted through this method. Once we have received the data, we use strict procedures and security methods to prevent unauthorized access to this information.
Through this website we do not collect or process special personal data that reveal racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious confession or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership and the processing of genetic data, biometric data for the unique identification of a natural person, of health data or data regarding a natural person’s sex life or sexual orientation. Any such personal data that you communicate to us, whether accidentally or intentionally, will be immediately deleted.
Personal data of minors. Parental consent. This website is intended for use by adults over the age of 18. In some cases, however, our services can also be accessed by minors. Their personal data will be stored and processed by us only with the prior, explicit and written consent of the parent or legal guardian. In the absence of this consent, any personal data originating from a minor will be immediately removed from our database. As parents, we recommend that you actively participate in your children’s online exploration and use the parental control options provided by your computer system, the programs you use, and/or your Internet service provider. Limiting minors’ online access is of great benefit to their mental and physical integrity.
What happens if you do not provide us with your data
If you do not provide us with the requested personal data, or partially provide it, we may find ourselves unable to provide the requested product or service. The personal data collection form is configured so that we ask for the minimum amount of information we need to identify you, to be able to contact you and fulfill your requests, perform the contract or fulfill our legal obligations. In these situations, we will inform you, if we have the possibility, so that you can make an informed decision.
Access to personal data and protection measures
The personal data in our database is processed by our own staff, who are regularly trained to comply with GDPR compliance procedures, drawn up according to the requirements of EU Regulation 2016/679.
Este posibil ca noi să dezvăluim unele date cu caracter personal unor terțe părți de încredere în scopurile stabilite. Acestora la solicităm să dispună de măsuri tehnice și operaționale de securitate adecvate pentru a vă proteja datele personale, în conformitate cu legislația privind normele de protecție a datelor cu caracter personal. Datele cu caracter personal vor fi transmise și în cazul în care trebuie să respectăm o obligație legală, la o solicitare a autorităţilor guvernamentale sau executive, pentru a îndeplini anumite cerinţe de securitate națională sau de aplicare a legii sau a preveni anumite activităţi ilegale.
Except as above, we will never disclose, trade or lend any of your personal data to any third party without your prior consent.
We are committed to protecting personal data against any loss, misuse, disclosure, alteration, disclosure, unauthorized access and destruction, and we take all reasonable steps to ensure the confidentiality of such data. We also constantly evaluate the risks that may arise during the personal data processing activities and update the work procedures.
How long we keep personal data
We will only keep personal data for as long as is necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it is processed. To determine the appropriate retention period, we take into account the amount, nature and sensitivity of personal data, the purposes for which we process it and whether we are able to achieve these purposes by other means. Some personal data is kept for necessary and specific periods of time, expressly provided by law, to fulfill our legal obligations.
When we no longer need the personal data we will delete or securely destroy it, or, if such a measure involves disproportionate costs, we will anonymize or encrypt it so that it becomes inaccessible. We will also consider the possibility of anonymizing personal data so that it can no longer be associated with an identifiable person, in which case we may use that information for statistics, studies, evaluations and the like without further notice .
EU Regulation 2016/679 grants you a series of rights that we respect and undertake to respond to your requests as quickly as possible.
1. The right to access: it is the right to obtain from the operator a confirmation that personal data concerning it is being processed or not and, if so, access to the respective data, including information related to the categories of data held, the purpose of use them, the source of collection, etc. Upon your request, we will provide you, free of charge, with a copy of your personal data. Requesting multiple copies of your personal data may incur a reasonable charge based on administrative costs.
2. The right to withdraw your consent at any time, without affecting the legality of the processing carried out on the basis of the consent before its withdrawal.
3. The right to rectification of inaccurate personal data about you. Taking into account the purposes for which the data were processed, you have the right to obtain completion of personal data that is incomplete, including by providing an additional statement.
4. The right to restrict the processing of your personal data, if:
- contest the correctness of your personal data, for the period we need to verify the correctness;
- the processing is unlawful, if you request restriction of processing instead of deletion;
- we no longer need your personal data but you request it to establish, exercise or defend a right in court;
- you object to the processing while we check whether our legitimate grounds prevail.
5. The right to erasure, or “the right to be forgotten”, based on which you can request the erasure of the personal data processed about you. We must comply with this
requests, without undue delay, with the following exceptions where the data is necessary:
- for exercising the right to freedom of expression and information;
- to comply with a legal obligation we have;
- for archiving purposes in the public, scientific interest, for historical studies or for statistical purposes;
- for establishing, exercising or defending a right in court.
6. The right to data portability ensures that you have the right to receive your personal data and to transmit it to another personal data controller. Where technically feasible, you may request that we transfer your personal data (that you have provided to us) to another organisation.
You have this right if, cumulatively:
- We process your personal data with automatic means,
- We rely, in the processing of your personal data, on your consent or our processing of your personal data is necessary for the conclusion or execution of a contract to which you are a party;
- Your personal data is provided to us by you and the transmission of your personal data does not have a negative effect on the rights and freedoms of others.
7. The right to object, under which you can object at any time to the processing of your personal data, provided that the processing is not based on consent but on the legitimate interests of the operator or a third party. In this case we will no longer process your personal data, unless we can prove legitimate and compelling reasons that justify the processing and that prevail over your interests, rights and freedoms or if the purpose of the processing is to ascertain, exercise or defend a right in court . You can always object to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes, for any reason.
Methods of communication
We will communicate to each recipient to whom personal data has been disclosed any rectification or deletion of personal data, or restriction of processing, unless this proves impossible or involves disproportionate efforts. All your requests will be fulfilled within the legal term of 30 days.
To exercise your rights, please send a written request to SC Caralert SRL, Timișoara, Gh. Lazăr Nr. 3 et. 1, Timișoara 300078. You can also submit the request in person, at our headquarters, or signed and scanned by e-mail
Any communications and measures taken as a result of Your exercising Your rights are provided by Us free of charge. However, if you make unfounded, excessive or repetitive requests, we have the legal option to refuse to comply with the request or charge a fee in accordance with the administrative costs necessary to comply with your request.
If you are not satisfied with the answer received, you have the option of contacting the National Authority for the Supervision of Personal Data Processing.
This notice may be modified by us at any time, without prior notice, when it can be improved or when practices and/or legislation in the field of personal data protection are updated. For this reason, we invite you to visit this page periodically, because your personal data will be treated according to the information note on the basis of which it is collected, unless we have your consent to treat it otherwise.